Looking after an aging loved one who is diagnosed with Dementia is anything but easy. Trying to cope with your feelings and adapting to the daily changes happening to your loved one can be exhausting, can’t it? Don’t worry though, because Avant Care is here to help!
Part of our responsibility as one of the leading providers of home care in Atlanta, Georgia, is to ensure that the community is armed with the necessary resources to assist them with their everyday challenges.
As such, here are a few tips on how you can best take care of a loved one with Dementia:
- Try to keep a routine, such as bathing, dressing, and eating, at the same time each day.
- Plan activities that the person enjoys and try to do them at the same time each day.
- When dressing or bathing, allow the person to do as much as possible.
- Build quiet times into the day, along with activities.
- Keep well-loved objects and photographs around the house to help the person feel more secure.
Companionship services can also be of great help. Not only will these professionals add a layer of support for you and your loved one, but they can also be a constant source of engagement if you have other responsibilities to complete.