Also called board and care homes, adult family homes, and residential care facilities for the elderly, this is a live-in housing and care option for people who do not have skilled medical needs, such as a feeding tube or daily injections. Generally, a residential care home provides the following:
- A room, either private or shared
- Varying levels of assistance with daily living activities, such as toileting, bathing, and even money and health care management
- Custodial care, such as laundry, and housekeeping
- Assist in scheduling doctors appointments and transportation
- Reminders to take medications or actual medication administering.